To submit a dispute on the portal, one needs to be logged in. The portal allows you to log in either with your e-ID account or else by creating an account through the portal itself. If you want to log in with your e-ID account, you just need to go to the Login page, then click on the Sign In button under the Sign in with e-ID section and provide your ID Number and e-ID password.
If you don’t know your e-ID credentials, you can create an account through the portal itself:
- Go to the Create Account page.
- Enter the details being requested, agree to the Terms and Conditions, enter the code from the image and then click on Submit. (N.B.: fields marked with an * are mandatory)
- You will receive an e-mail on the e-mail address you provided.
- From the e-mail, click on the hyperlink to complete the registration.
- You will be re-directed to the portal, where you will be requested to create a username and password which will be used to log onto the portal.
- When ready, click on Register to successfully create the account.
- You can now make your way to the Login page and provide your newly created username and password and click on the Sign In button under the Sign in with local account section.
Submitting a Dispute
(Note: Please make sure you are logged in before skipping to this section – refer to the above)
Now that you are logged in, you have two options to submit a dispute. You can either click on the Submit a Dispute button in the portal header or you can go to My Disputes in the menu bar and click on Submit a New Dispute. Selecting either option will redirect you to the online form:
- First you need to select your role:
Consumer: the term ‘consumer’ refers to the individual who is submitting a dispute.
Representative: the term ‘representative’ refers to the individual who is submitting a dispute on behalf of the consumer or the individual representing the economic operator.
Economic Operator: the term ‘economic operator’ refers to any natural person acting for purposes relating to his/her trade, business, craft, or profession.
- Fill in all information pertaining to your dispute especially those fields that are mandatory.
- Enter the code from the image and then click on Submit.
- You have successfully submitted a dispute with the MCCAA. You will start being notified about each step of the process via e-mail.
- If you want to view the details of a dispute you submitted, you can go to My Disputes and click on the dispute number. As a consumer, you have the right to appoint a representative at any stage of the ADR process by inputting the representative’s e-mail address in the respective field and then click on Submit.